October 14, 2005

An introduction

Nearly every day, I marvel at it. My friend Amin spent his childhood on the streets of this throbbing city, sleeping on railway platforms, cowering in fear from police lathi-blows, eating what he could find wherever. Just the usual, really, just like thousands of other kids here.

But then a few thoughtful people touched his life, and Amin found a way up and out of that squalor. If you meet him today, you will find it hard to believe, as I find it hard to believe, that he had the childhood he did. He has left the tough times firmly behind, and has a remarkably positive outlook on life. Amin now runs a taxi service and has a growing list of clients -- people who are so touched by his warmth and generosity that I really should call that a growing list of friends.

So I'm honoured and delighted to introduce you to Amin and his Sneha Travels. If you need the kind of services he offers, you won't find a better man.

5 comments:

Vikrum said...

Thanks for this article, Dilip.

I am in the strange (and wonderful) position of knowing both Amin and Allwyn, both very kind and nice people. I'm very happy to learn about Amin's new taxi service and I will also recommend it to people.

Michael Bains said...

Happy Trails to Amin and you yourself Dilip.

'T'is a good story of human success.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

"...people who are so touched by his warmth and generosity that I really should call that a growing list of friends." &c.

Sounds like some motivational speaker, self-help-guru style writing. Nice.

wise donkey said...

:)

Anonymous said...

Amin is a really nice guy indeed. Genuine fellow- no hypocrisy.